In this article, we are going to show you how to Edit The Contact Form Settings.
Before we move forward, you will only need to edit a form if it was previously created. If not, this section is not for you. If you would like to create a form and add it to your contact page, click here.
- Admin Dashboard, on the left navigation, you will see Avada and hover over that option and click on Forms.
- Find the page called Contact, and select on it.
- Scroll down the entire page, until you get to Form Options.
With these options, you edit different parts of the form:
Appearance: You can change the style of the form; fonts, colors, width etc Do not touch this section, unless you know what you are doing.
Submission: What will happen to the data once they hit submit. Save it to WordPress database or add them to MailChimp. If you are with MailChimp, then this option may be perfect for you. Or simply save the information to your database. Do not edit this section.
Notification: This is the tab we will edit.
Confirmation: What will happen after the visitor hit submit. Yours will be set to display message. Leave this section alone.
Privacy: Ignore this section.
Import/Export: This will save the page settings, just incase you want to export it to another page. Ignore this section.
Edit Form Settings
- Select Notification.
- Right hand side, click on Form Settings and it will expand.
Below are a list of options and settings, so you will know what you can change/edit:
- Email: Once the form is submitted where will the information go.
- Email Subject: The subject line you will see, in your email.
- Email From Name: Who is this email from. Do not edit this section.
- Sender Email: Who sent this email – The senders email address. Do not edit this section.
- Reply To Email: The senders email address. Do not edit this section.
- Email Message: Information that the visitor filled in, will be emailed to you. In the field there should be: [all_fields]. (This section should not be empty) Do not edit this section.
Figure out which element you wish to edit and hover over it. You will see a icon and click on the element to edit the content. Always make sure that you click on Save.
Don’t forget to also Update the page.
How To Add elements
If you want to add more options to the form, that be done easily.
- Scroll until you get to the Notice element, and under it will be +Element click on it.
- A pop up will appear, and those are all your form elements that you can choose from.
From reading the options, I’m sure you will understand what each one represents. When you find what you are looking for, simply click on it and edit accordingly.
For example if you want the visitor to select multiple options, select Checkbox. If you want to provide multiple options but they can only pick one, then select Radio Field. If you want to provide a drop down box, select Select Field. If you want to collect the name of their city, state, favorite color etc select Text Field etc If you feel the visitor will have to do more explaining, so they need more space select Text Area Field.
Now, once you have your elements selected, below are some general important options that shouldn’t be dismissed:
- Field Label: The element title that the visitor will see. No matter which element you chose, you need a title.
- Field Name: Automatically, when you fill out the Field Label the Field Name will populate to match. Leave this be. DO NOT alter it.
- Required Field: Do you care whether the visitor leaves this element blank? If it needs to be filled out, make sure that you select Yes.
- Make sure that you click on Save.
For the most part, the above options depends on which elements that you selected. Some may have the listed fields and some may not. Take your time, and go through the options. If you have any questions, feel free to submit a ticket.
Hover over the element you want to reposition, and you will notice that the cursor has shifted/changed. Once that happens, you can drag and drop it above or below.
Don’t forget to also Update the page.
You will see the changes, if you made any visible edits on the front end of the website. Remember, you will ONLY see these changes if you have Updated the page.
Leave A Comment